Hiring a cleaning service is not expensive, nor is it just for the wealthy like a lot of people think. However, if you’re like me and stick to a budget, there are several things you can do to help lower the cost of your cleaning service, but still feel like your getting the cleaning accomplished.
- Leave off the kids rooms. Whether it be by a chore chart or a quick “ten-minute” pick up rule, it is one room that can usually be maintained by your child without outside help. Explain to your child/teen that only he/she knows where everything goes and keeping a clean personal space is an important skill to learn.
- Apply the “10 minute pick up” rule before the cleaners arrive! Tidy up! set the time and get your house scrambling! Take 1-2 minutes to go from room to room and pick up all personal belongings and put them back where they belong (most likely your house cleaner will not know where you like to keep your games, bills or other personnel out of place items) In doing so creates the opportunity for your cleaners to focus on the more thorough cleaning (aka the stuff that makes us want to hire a cleaner: floors, walls, dust, grime etc.). Less time picking up before scrubbing=less money spent.
- Use our Core Cleaning Package. The whole house takes some time to clean. Yes, it gets easier if the house stays moderately maintained, but it is still a large area to cover each visit. Consider utilizing our Core Cleaning Package which focuses on the most frequently used rooms in the house, i.e. kitchen, bathrooms, etc, and take advantage of the rotation of the extra room. This way all the rooms in your house are cleaned at least a few times a year.
- Leave off the basement. If you haven’t already, leave the basement off the checklist unless it is used often (assuming it is a finished furnished basement and not a cold cement one). Once or twice a year have a full clean to dust out any spider webs and clean window sills.
- Pass on the add-on services like dishes or laundry service. It sure seems like a dream to come home to a clean house, clean dishes and folded laundry on the foot of your bed and I can relate completely… but it is a lot cheaper to just fit it into your daily routine.
- Frequency, do you need weekly service? How many people are in your home? Can you get away with maintaining the cleaning in-between bi-weekly service? If so, then switch from weekly to bi-weekly house cleaning. For those with not so much activity in their home, you could think about monthly house cleaning.
There are several ways to make sure we are sticking to our budget, while still having the ability to hire a house cleaning service!
Combining a few or all of these options above will help reduce your service bill while still keeping a clean home! If you do not have a cleaning service and are considering one, please let us know, we are happy to provide you with a customized estimate to fit your needs, you can complete the estimate request by clicking here
Contact Maid 4 Time Professional Cleaning Service today at 585-205-2446